The Southern DVAG aims to:
- Work towards the elimination of Domestic Violence.
- Raise community awareness about domestic violence issues through the use of positive and appropriate action.
- Develop liaison, communication and referral links between various agencies and other community groups.
- Share and encourage the development of knowledge and skills.
- Encourage the community to accept responsibility for and take positive steps to reduce and prevent the incidence of domestic violence.
- Promote the recognition of the criminal aspect of domestic violence.
- Encourage the development of services for perpetrators.
- The SDVAG recommends that these services do not detract funds from services for women and children.
- Monitor the enforcement and effectiveness of legislation and associated government policies at the local and regional level.
- Encourage the involvement of services and other interested community members towards these aims.